I recently co-founded Addenda with my brother. Before that, I worked as a loss adjuster and civil engineer in the UAE, Qatar, Germany, and Jordan.
AS A JOURNALIST
My first article was published while I was in university in 2010. Since then, I’ve written with the following publications:
- Bitcoin Magazine
- Venture Magazine
- The Edge Middle East
- Qatar Construction News
- Baraka Bits
AS AN ADJUSTER
In Cunningham Lindsey
- Worked on claims in the following classes: Property All Risk, Erection All Risk, Contractors All Risk, Machinery Breakdown, Fire, Third Party Liability and Fidelity Guarantee
- Negotiated cross-industry interests with insurance brokers, policyholders, contractors, principals, mediators, insurers and reinsurers to streamline claim handling processes under very tight schedules and budgets.
- Worked as part of the hurricane Irma emergency response team for a week in the island of Tortola.
In Charles Taylor
- Met individual targets (quantum and value) for claims with all parties satisfied
- Handled and closed numerous claims ranging in value from QAR 100,000 to QAR 12,000,000.
- Participated in the company’s local marketing by implementing organic and non-organic growth opportunities through presentations, and assisted upper management with the FIFA 2022 world cup insurance bid.
AS A CIVIL ENGINEER
Worked as a Graduate engineer with the Wet Utilities team in WSP Qatar.
My key focus was on drainage and sewer network design, as well as utility stakeholder management.
While working with WSP Qatar, I had the opportunity to be part of a team working on the largest projects in Qatar: Local Roads and Drainage (LRDP), Al-Wakrah Bypass P015, and the Education City People mover System, as well as various megaprojects in the UAE and Kuwait.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
Cert CILA – Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters, United Kingdom
Cert CII - Chartered Institute of Insurance, United Kingdom
Civil engineering BSc – German Jordanian University, Jordan